Last week, Bleeding Cool noted that Mark Millar‘s reported numbers for The Magic Order #1 may have been boosted massively, courtesy of ReedPOP buying a hundred thousand copies of the first issue at discount rates in exchange for Mark Millar flying into C2E2 and other Reed shows through the year. Still no comment from Image or Reed, so read into that what you will.
I have also been told by industry figures that Millar was getting pressure from Netflix to push the numbers up.
But it’s not only Reed doing the exclusive deals with a C2E2 variant coming out a few months after the actual show. A number of other comic book stores are joining in…
A Swamp Thing parody by Josh Brannan is exclusive to Port City Comics.
This black-and-white Olivier Coipel cover is for Suprise Comics.
While Diamond at San Diego Comic-Con will have the colour version for sale.
There are three versions of a Tyler Kirkham cover from Unknown Comics.
Alliance Comics – Comic Stacks has an exclusive variant by Darron “DJ” Jackson.
And there’s a variant cover for A Place In Space by Millarworld Annual’s Ozgur Yildirim.
- Sea Of Thieves Reveals Two New Events in "Cursed Sails" and "Forsaken Shores"
- Xbox Announces Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice as World Premier Title
- Sony Announces Beat Saber is Coming to PSVR
- All The Local Comic Shop Day 2018 Exclusives We Can Find For This Saturday - November 13, 2018
- David Avallone’s Writer’s Commentary on Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark #1 - November 13, 2018
- Jim Lee Draws a Crowd (and Wonder Woman) and Answers Whether Batman Kills The Joker at SAM - November 13, 2018
- Re-Review: G Willow Wilson’s Wonder Woman #58 Mirrors the Movie Through a Dark Glass - November 13, 2018
- Meet Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele’s Toy Story 4 Characters, Ducky and Bunny, in Second Teaser Trailer - November 13, 2018