During EA Play today, a representative of Respawn Entertainment was hanging around the theater and gave a brief rundown of the studio’s rumored Star Wars project. While we don’t have a trailer or a logo, we do have a name and some brief details about the game. Respawn’s game is called Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and will focus on a “dark time” in the Star Wars timeline when the Jedi are being hunted. You know, that bit at the end of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. You will play as a Jedi on the run through this “dark time”, but that’s about all we got out of EA Play today. We should hear more soon.
Respawn Entertainment co-founder Vince Zampella confirmed that the game will be released in the holiday season of 2019, so we’ve still got a year and a half before we’ll get a new Star Wars game — but that’s better than letting the franchise die with Battlefront II.
EA and Respawn originally announced their Star Wars project back in 2016 when they revealed that former God of War director Stig Asmussen would be helming the project as a third-person action-adventure game. It is part of EA’s long-term exclusive aggrement with Disney and Lucasfilm to develop Star Wars games. EA acquired Respawn in 2017, so this one is kind of in-house now.
Respawn is also still working on the Titanfall franchise as well as a game for the Oculus Rift.
- Blue Mage will Hit Final Fantasy XIV Ahead of the Shadowbringers Expansion - November 19, 2018
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018