As part of EA Play today, EA Sports revealed some new gameplay footage for FIFA 19 which will launch worldwide on September 28th, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Part of the reveal also included the addition of the UEFA Champions League as part of FIFA 19. UEFA Champions League is one of the world’s most prestigious club competitions in football, so naturally, it’ll be a big draw for FIFA hooligans everywhere.
The UEFA Champions and Europa League content was leaked a bit ahead of the show due to Dutch football commentator Evert ten Napel, who mentioned the licenses during the finals of a Dutch FIFA tournament. So this announcement was perhaps a bit less impressive than it could have been — that said, it did still make for a nice trailer.
The new Champions League will be pulled through all modes of the game, including Career Mode and an all-new standalone UEFA Champions League mode. Additionally, FIFA 19 will showcase the “exciting finale” of Alex Hunter’s story during The Journey: Champions. Both the UEFA Champions League and Europa League content updates for FIFA 19 Ultimate Team will let you build your dream squad with even more licensed athletes than ever.
You can check out the new trailer below, which was scored by the legendary Hans Zimmer for reasons that are beyond us.
- EA Games Lays Out the EA Sports FIFA 19 Global Series Schedule
- Chinese Nvidia Shield TV Shows Off Super Mario Galaxy in HD
- Xbox's Phil Spencer Says Fifteen New Titles Will Be Announced This Week
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018