Universal Pictures is going to adapt the story of American Radical for the big screen, and they are bringing in some nice names. Mr. Robot star Rami Malek along with Mr. Robot showrunner Sam Esmail have been tapped to bring this adaption to life, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The book, American Radical, was written by Tamer Elnoury and Kevin Maurer.
Published in October 2017, Radical told of story of Elnoury, a pseudonym for a proud American Muslim who, after a years as a police officer, joined a counterterrorism unit in the years after 9/11. The book told of the hurdles he faced being a Muslim patriot and also of his infiltrating an al-Qaeda group that had designs on an attack.
Depending when this comes out, this could be Esmail’s first big-screen feature since he hit it big with Mr. Robot. He also has another movie that he’s writing and directing about the Bermuda Triangle. Malek was brought in late in the game to play Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody due out later this year. There is no word on when the adaption of American Radical will begin.
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018
- Instant Family Review: A Genuinely Funny and Sincere Family Comedy - November 16, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: The Crime of Poorly Paced Exposition - November 15, 2018