Profiles in History began their Icons & Legends of Hollywood auction today, the first of three days parceling out pieces of cinema history to the highest bidder. One of the top-tier items from today’s selection of pieces (540 to be exact) was Cesar Romero‘s The Joker costume from Batman.
Originally estimated to bring in somewhere between $8,000 and $12,000 the signature pink and green suit went for $89,600.
There were other notable pieces of Batman items too, like one of Adam West‘s pinstripe Bruce Wayne suits from the show, which went for $10,000.
Frank Gorshin‘s The Riddler costume went for $8,000 and The Penguin’s model submarine went for $7,500.
The two other big-ticket items from Batman were both items that Batgirl, Yvonne Craig, wore on the show. Her purple cowl and mask sold for $35,000, and her lavender cape went for $11,000.
- This Life-Sized Judge Dredd Figure Sold For $48k
- Marty McFly's BTTF II Hoverboard Sells for $28K
- Jamie Lee Curtis's Little Black Dress from 'True Lies' Sold for $3K
- Kurgan's Sword From Highlander Sold for $10k, Ramirez Katana for $15k
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator Motorcycle Sold for $520k
- Blade Runner Prop Gun Sells for $41k, Snake Plissken's MAC-10 for $20k
- Ripley's 'Alien' Space Suit Goes for $204k, 'Aliens' Flamethrower for $108k
- Helen Slater's Supergirl Costume Sells for $20,480 at Auction
- Ursa's Jumpsuit from Superman II Sells for $8,500
- Obi-Wan's Lightsaber Chest Just Sold for $110,000 at Auction
- One of Jane Fonda's Barbarella Rifles Sold for $220,000 at Auction
- Live-Action ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Series Coming to Netflix!! - September 18, 2018
- Let’s Talk About That First ‘Captain Marvel’ Trailer, Ok? - September 18, 2018
- Marvel Studios’ ‘Captain Marvel’ Trailer is FINALLY Here - September 18, 2018
- Ladies and Gentlemen, The 2018 Emmy Awards Results [Updating] - September 17, 2018
- BBC Releases New ‘Doctor Who’ Key Art Featuring 13th Doctor - September 17, 2018