Today, ComiXology Originals, a line of digital-first and digital-only comic books published by ComiXology, is announcing something new. And using Twitch and Amazon booths to do it.
It’s all lined up for 10pm BST, 5pm EDT, pm PDT. We don’t know what it is. But we will be watching.
This silhouette suggests a series of disparate characters. Could it be a focused line of ongoing creator-owned comic books? Is ComiXology going to recreate their own Image Comics for digital? Could the ‘Epic’ tag suggest what Marvel once did with Epic Comics? This has been tried by a number of companies before who have either burnt out or kept things small and focussed. But, of course, ComiXology has its owner Amazon behind it and the Kindle outlet as well. If anyone can do this, ComiXology can.
If, indeed, that’s what they are doing.
ComiXology Originals has published a number of Marvel titles, with the Spidey’s School’s Out series lined up. They have Battle Angel Alita. They have Valiant High. They don’t, as yet. have any DC Comics titles. DC’s digital-first line remains separate.
What could this all mean?
Anyone have an Amazon Books or Amazon Pop-Up near to them? Fancy going along?
- Twitch Enables Multiple Extension Use on Their Service
- Twitch Posts the Details of Their E3 Broadcast Schedule
- Forty Minutes of Alita: Battle Angel to be IMAX-Sized - December 11, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credit Scene in Aquaman? (No Spoilers) - December 11, 2018
- Aquaman Review: A Superhero Movie Without Any Depth [Spoiler Free, Ish] - December 11, 2018
- Jean-Marc Lofficier’s Writer’s Commentary on the Barbarella Holiday Special - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About ‘Spider-Man No More’ Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018