The movie ended up getting delayed several months, but despite the pushed-back release date we are learning some new things about Dark Phoenix. Evan Peters is one of the breakout characters of the recent X-Men movies with his portrayal of Peter Maximoff, aka Quicksilver. This will be the third outing for the character, and during a press junket for American Animals Screen Rant asked Peters how Quicksilver has changed.
“He’s definitely a little older and more mature, a little more subdued, sort of trying to make a, not a name but trying to do right by the X-Men and be a good guy and use his powers for good, so I think he’s on that path at the moment.”
The last two X-Men movies have added major scenes with Quicksilver using his powers in unique ways, so it stands to reason that we’re probably going to see that a third time as well. The movies have also acknowledged that Magneto is Peter’s father, but they haven’t done anything with that subplot yet. Maybe we’ll get to see it play out in Dark Phoenix.
Summary: Jean Grey begins to develop incredible powers that corrupt and turn it into a Dark Phoenix. Now the X-Men will have to decide if the life of a team member is worth more than all the people living in the world.
Dark Phoenix, directed by Simon Kinberg, stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Sophie Turner, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult. It will be released on February 14th, 2019.
- 'American Animals' Interview with Director Bart Layton
- Ryan Murphy's 'Pose' Brings the Glitz, Glamor, Grit, and Family Drama
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018