If you’ve never heard of Return of Double Dragon, we don’t blame you. The game was only released in Japan in 1992 for the SNES, and while we got a watered-down westernized version of the game in the form of Super Double Dragon, the original cartridge version never made it’s way to Europe or North America. We eventually did see the original when Arc System Works snagged the distribution rights and released the game back in 2015 as Double Dragon IV on PS4 and Steam. Now it looks like collectors will be getting a chance to own a physical copy of their own as Retroism will be releasing a cartridge version later this summer.
Amazon is already taking $50 pre-orders on the game, with a release date currently set for July 19th. This version will work in your old-school SNES system or any retro console systems you may own, and will include all of the game’s original hard-as-hell levels as it was intended. But it will also receive some mechanical improvements in regards to controls and some improved musical scores to fight to. Those who order the game in its first run will get a box (as seen above) and a special red cartridge to show off for bragging rights.
- Arc System Works Announces the ArcRevo World Tour
- Nintendo Announces New Nintendo 2DS XL Hylian Shield Edition
- Japan's Dockless Nintendo Switch is Not Coming to the West
- Atari Co-Founder Ted Dabney Passes Away at Age 80
- Capcom Examines the History of the Street Fighter Alpha Series in Latest Video
- Nintendo is Bringing Back the NES & SNES Classic Editions in June
- Fork Parker’s Crunch Out is Finally Being Released on SNES
- Funstock Retro Announces Series of Plug-and-Play Retro Arcade Games
- Review: Dungeons & Dragons – Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage - December 8, 2018
- SEGA Announces Project Judge Coming to the West as Judgment - December 8, 2018
- Shawn Layden Kinda Teases Big PlayStation Things in 2019 on Twitter - December 8, 2018
- Super Meat Boy Forever Slated for an April 2019 Release - December 8, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Will Resume in Mid-January - December 8, 2018