Netflix’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before finds a star in X-Men’s Lana Condor. Based on the novel of the same name by Jenny Han, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before follows the romantic musings of a 16-year-old half-Korean, half-caucasian girl named Lara Jean Song Covey.
Lana Condor made her film debut in 2016’s X-Men: Apocalypse as Jubilee. She’ll also be seen later this year in Robert Rodriguez’s Alita: Battle Angel and the Syfy series Deadly Class. Born in Vietnam and raised in Chicago, Condor was adopted by American parents. Her adoptive father is Robert Condor, a two-time Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist and the former Vice President of Yahoo! Sports.
Prior to being cast as Jubilee, Condor studied ballet and took performing arts and film classes.
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before is being directed by Susan Johnson and produced by Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith and James Lassiter’s company).
Han’s novel was followed up by two sequels, P.S. I Still Love You and Always and Forever, Lara Jean. If To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is a success, we could have the beginnings of the next big young adult series, and with minorities in the lead!
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before doesn’t have an exact release date, we expect it later that summer, which gives plenty of time to binge the novels.
May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
- Calling All Hot Male Asian Actors: Tyra Banks Wants You for 'Life Size 2'
- Syfy Offers First Look at Russo Brothers 'Deadly Class' Series Adaptation
- Deadly Class: Syfy Orders Rick Remender, Wes Craig Image Graphic Novel to Series
- Deadly Class: Russo Brothers Release First Look At Syfy Series Cast
- Syfy's Deadly Class Cast Announced: Benedict Wong, Lana Condor, And More
- Fox Releases High-Res X-Men: Apocalypse Photos
- Lana Condor Cast As Jubilee In X-Men: Apocalypse
- Into the Badlands Season 3 Finale: Leopard Catches Cloud [Spoilers] - June 22, 2018
- Wilmer Valderrama Returns to NCIS, Signs First-Look Diversity Deal with CBS TV - June 22, 2018
- Will Ferrell to Write and Star in ‘Eurovision’ for Netflix - June 18, 2018
- Into the Badlands Season 3: Dragonfly’s Last Dance [Spoilers] - June 17, 2018
- ‘The Year of Spectacular Men’ is a Family Affair - June 15, 2018