At the beginning of 2017, New York comedy producer Marianne Ways contacted Dean Haspiel to illustrate a superhero conceived by comedian/actor Wyatt Cenac.
You may know him from The Daily Show, People of Earth, or Wyatt Cenac’s Problem Areas.
They were producing a televised version of their variety show, Night Train with Wyatt Cenac, and one of the segments would riff on cosplay and comic book conventions. Wyatt came up with his new superhero based on a combination of lawyer and former Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, Thurgood Marshall, and Norse god, Thor, called THORGOOD.
Dean drew him. They recorded the episode in February, 2017.
And you can now see it on the Starz network. The episode in question is series 2, episode 2…
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018
- Full Catalog For BOOM! Studios January 2019 Solicitations – Brings Buffy to the Yard With the Avant-Guards - October 16, 2018
- Marvel Comics Full Solicitations for January 2019 - October 16, 2018