At the beginning of 2017, New York comedy producer Marianne Ways contacted Dean Haspiel to illustrate a superhero conceived by comedian/actor Wyatt Cenac.
You may know him from The Daily Show, People of Earth, or Wyatt Cenac’s Problem Areas.
They were producing a televised version of their variety show, Night Train with Wyatt Cenac, and one of the segments would riff on cosplay and comic book conventions. Wyatt came up with his new superhero based on a combination of lawyer and former Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, Thurgood Marshall, and Norse god, Thor, called THORGOOD.
Dean drew him. They recorded the episode in February, 2017.
And you can now see it on the Starz network. The episode in question is series 2, episode 2…
- Brian Bendis Brings the C-Word to DC Comics With Cover #4 - December 19, 2018
- Infinity Wars Finds a Place for the Warps But Loses a Guardian of The Galaxy (SPOILERS) - December 19, 2018
- Lobo’s Daughter Crush Gets Superman’s Origin – Just at Burning Man (Teen Titans #25 Spoilers) - December 19, 2018
- Marvel’s Stan Lee Tribute Begins in Their Comics Today, and It Packs a Punch - December 19, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 19th December 2018 – Fairytales In New York - December 19, 2018