The comics industry has a Free Comic Book Day, a Hallowe’en ComicFest Day, a Local Comic Shop Day, Batman Day, a Doctor Who Day, a C-Day (for Crossed), and Aliens Day and now? A Walking Dead Day.
Image Comics and Skybound Entertainment have decided that October 13th will mark The Walking Dead Day – an all-day, global event commemorating The Walking Dead comic.
Originally created in 2003 by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore, The Walking Dead is one of the longest running comics in the industry, has spun off two TV series, games, merchandise and has become a perennial seller in the marketplace.
The first collectible item to be announced for the day is The Walking Dead #1 15th Anniversary Variant by series artist, Charlie Adlard with colours by Dave Stewart as zombies invade comic book shops.
Retailers can qualify to get their own version of the comic with their own store being invaded.
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018
- How The Graphic Novel Sale is Looking at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet - December 15, 2018
- Recoloured Poison Ivy Cover From Heroes In Crisis #7 Solicitations - December 15, 2018