The comics industry has a Free Comic Book Day, a Hallowe’en ComicFest Day, a Local Comic Shop Day, Batman Day, a Doctor Who Day, a C-Day (for Crossed), and Aliens Day and now? A Walking Dead Day.
Image Comics and Skybound Entertainment have decided that October 13th will mark The Walking Dead Day – an all-day, global event commemorating The Walking Dead comic.
Originally created in 2003 by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore, The Walking Dead is one of the longest running comics in the industry, has spun off two TV series, games, merchandise and has become a perennial seller in the marketplace.
The first collectible item to be announced for the day is The Walking Dead #1 15th Anniversary Variant by series artist, Charlie Adlard with colours by Dave Stewart as zombies invade comic book shops.
Retailers can qualify to get their own version of the comic with their own store being invaded.
- Hellboy on Front of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Events Guide for 25th Anniversary - June 24, 2018
- A Barrage of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Covers for Volume 5 - June 24, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 24th June 2018 – A Week of Giant-Sized Stories - June 24, 2018
- Jamal Campbell Draws His Rob Liefeldest Ever for Amazing Spider-Man #1 Stadium Comics Variant - June 24, 2018
- Why Are The English Even More Insufferable Today? - June 24, 2018