Take Two Interactive’s CEO Strauss Zelnick has promised that Red Dead Redemption 2 will not be delayed again and is on track to release in October, according to a recent interview with Mad Money.
“Hand on heart, it’s October 26,” Zelnick told Mad Money host Jim Cramer in the interview. Zelnick claims that the entire team at Rockstar Games is on track to deliver the game on the set release date. As Rockstar is a subsidiary of Take Two, Zelnick should be rather in-the-loop per development.
Of course, last minute delays are not unheard of with games, but we can hope that doesn’t happen for Red Dead 2. For the third time.
The game was initially scheduled to release last fall, but was pushed back to Spring 2018 last May. Rockstar explained that delay saying the extra time was needed “to deliver the best experience possible” for players. A further delay was announced earlier this year, which then dropped the game back to an October 26th, 2018 release window.
“When I said ‘hand on heart,’ it’s over a thousand people at Rockstar Games with their hands on their hearts,” Zelnick added.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One on October 26th, 2018.
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018