One of the brightest lights in comics of the eighties, Peter Milligan, is signing his latest transgressive work, Kid Lobotomy, created with Tess Fowler for IDW’s Black Crown at Orbital Comics in London this evening.
The official UK launch signing for Kid Lobotomy Volume 1: A Lad Insane, folk are welcome to bring along their Shade the Changing Man, Batman: Dark Knight, Dark City and Hellblazer, Bad Company, Hewligan’s Haircut, X-Force, X-Statix and X-Men.
Maybe you can ask how he took to the appearance of his co-created character Zeitgeist from the currently-playing Deadpool 2 movie…
In the words of Black Crown curator and editor Shelly Bond, “Peter Milligan is one of the most talented writers in the history of the written word. One of comics’ original provocateurs, Milligan is quietly crafting a new monthly series that’s worthy of your consideration. In other words: He. Cannot. Be. Stopped.”
Kid Lobotomy has been described as “Kafka meets King Lear by way of Young Frankenstein”, a dark, demented satire that follows a dysfunctional family of hoteliers. Will sibling rivalry, seduction, and shapeshifting eventually lead to sanity or salvation?
What do you think?
Peter Milligan will be signing on tonight from 6-7:30 PM. Copies of Kid Lobotomy Volume 1 will be available instore.
- Comixology Bestseller List – 22nd June 2018 – Marvel Inching Their Way Back In - June 22, 2018
- Self Made Hero Brings Ramones, and Nick Cave to Comic Stores in September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- A Third Nameless City from Faith Erin Hicks in First: Second September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- As Nancy In Hell Concludes, Amigo Comics Launches Phantasmagoria in September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- DC Comics to Lose the Gloss? Colourists Take Care - June 22, 2018