One of the brightest lights in comics of the eighties, Peter Milligan, is signing his latest transgressive work, Kid Lobotomy, created with Tess Fowler for IDW’s Black Crown at Orbital Comics in London this evening.
The official UK launch signing for Kid Lobotomy Volume 1: A Lad Insane, folk are welcome to bring along their Shade the Changing Man, Batman: Dark Knight, Dark City and Hellblazer, Bad Company, Hewligan’s Haircut, X-Force, X-Statix and X-Men.
Maybe you can ask how he took to the appearance of his co-created character Zeitgeist from the currently-playing Deadpool 2 movie…
In the words of Black Crown curator and editor Shelly Bond, “Peter Milligan is one of the most talented writers in the history of the written word. One of comics’ original provocateurs, Milligan is quietly crafting a new monthly series that’s worthy of your consideration. In other words: He. Cannot. Be. Stopped.”
Kid Lobotomy has been described as “Kafka meets King Lear by way of Young Frankenstein”, a dark, demented satire that follows a dysfunctional family of hoteliers. Will sibling rivalry, seduction, and shapeshifting eventually lead to sanity or salvation?
What do you think?
Peter Milligan will be signing on tonight from 6-7:30 PM. Copies of Kid Lobotomy Volume 1 will be available instore.
- Comics Depot of Saratoga Springs to Close in a Week’s Time - December 14, 2018
- More Stan Lee ‘Black Armband’ Cover Tributes From Marvel - December 14, 2018
- Neal Adams Challenges Roy Thomas Over Captain Marvel Credentials - December 14, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Reprint Avengers #11, Venom #9 and Uncanny X-Men #4 - December 14, 2018
- Chris Bachalo on Amazing Spider-Man #14 and Other Marvel Comics Ch-Ch-Changes - December 14, 2018