One of the brightest lights in comics of the eighties, Peter Milligan, is signing his latest transgressive work, Kid Lobotomy, created with Tess Fowler for IDW’s Black Crown at Orbital Comics in London this evening.
The official UK launch signing for Kid Lobotomy Volume 1: A Lad Insane, folk are welcome to bring along their Shade the Changing Man, Batman: Dark Knight, Dark City and Hellblazer, Bad Company, Hewligan’s Haircut, X-Force, X-Statix and X-Men.
Maybe you can ask how he took to the appearance of his co-created character Zeitgeist from the currently-playing Deadpool 2 movie…
In the words of Black Crown curator and editor Shelly Bond, “Peter Milligan is one of the most talented writers in the history of the written word. One of comics’ original provocateurs, Milligan is quietly crafting a new monthly series that’s worthy of your consideration. In other words: He. Cannot. Be. Stopped.”
Kid Lobotomy has been described as “Kafka meets King Lear by way of Young Frankenstein”, a dark, demented satire that follows a dysfunctional family of hoteliers. Will sibling rivalry, seduction, and shapeshifting eventually lead to sanity or salvation?
What do you think?
Peter Milligan will be signing on tonight from 6-7:30 PM. Copies of Kid Lobotomy Volume 1 will be available instore.
- Marvel Comics Send Spider-Geddon #1 Back to Print - October 16, 2018
- Archie Launches Blossoms 666 Horror Comic Starring Jason and Cheryl in January 2019 Solicitations - October 16, 2018
- Image Comics Launches Vindication in January From MD Marie, Carlos Miko and Dema Jr. - October 16, 2018
- The Weatherman #6 Gets a Cliff Chiang Cover in Time For Final Order Cut-Off - October 16, 2018
- Where In the World Has Poison Ivy Gone, DC Comics? - October 16, 2018