At PDXCON in Stockholm this morning, Paradox Interactive released information about a few new games and new expansions coming to their many franchises. In terms of new games, the publisher announced Age of Wonders: Planetfall, a new strategy game from Triumph Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed Age of Wonders and Overlord series. Slated for release for PC and console in 2019, Planetfall will bring all the exciting turn-based empire building and immersive tactical combat of its predecessors to an all -new sci-fi setting.
In Age of Wonders: Planetfall, players will emerge from the dark age of a fallen galactic empire to craft a new future for their people. Exploring the planetary ruins and encountering other surviving factions that have each evolved in their own way, players will unravel the history of a shattered civilization. Players will fight, build, negotiate, and technologically advance their way to a utopia, in a deep single player campaign or against friends in multiplayer.
“We’re thrilled to finally announce our latest endeavor alongside Paradox,” said Lennart Sas, Triumph Studios CEO. “Age of Wonders: Planetfall is roughly three years into development, running on a new generation of our multi-platform Creator Engine. While the setting is new, we’re confident that Age of Wonders fans will feel right at home exploring the remnants of the Star Union. Our aim is to make a game that greatly expands upon its predecessors, and still employs the core principles that made Age of Wonders such a success.”
Key Features of the game include:
- Strategic Turn-Based Sci-Fi Combat – Perfect your combat strategy in intense turn-based battles that offer tactical challenges, a large cast of races, units with customizable weapons, and destructible environments.
- Discover a Rich Science Fiction World – Uncover the history of the fallen galactic empire as you explore lush landscapes, and exp erience the emergent story. Encounter NPC factions and rival houses, and discover hidden technologies that can strengthen your society and give you advantage over enemies.
- Planetary Empire Building – Create your own unique House, and build prosperous colonies through economic specializations of planetary sectors and governing doctrines.
- Multiple Paths to Victory – Achieve your end goals through conquest, diplomacy or doomsday technologies. Engrossing options with NPC factions and rival Houses won’t make the decisions easy!
Those eager to get more information about Age of Wonders: Planetfall can sign up for the newsletter, and help unlock special community rewards here.
As part of the announcement at PDXCON, the publisher shared the following announcement trailer.
(Last Updated May 19, 2018 5:36 am )
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018