Graphic novel publisher SelfMadeHero has acquired the worldwide English-language rights to two European graphic novels that celebrate icons from the worlds of art and music.
Andy: The Life and Times of Andy Warhol is written and drawn by Dutch artist Typex, who launched SelfMadeHero’s Arts Masters range with his graphic biography Rembrandt. The rights were acquired from Casterman.
Additionally, SelfMadeHero is publishing One Two Three Four Ramones, a graphic biography of the punk band told through the eyes of Dee Dee Ramone. The book is written by Bruno Cadène and Xavier Bétaucourt, and illustrated by Eric Cartier. Rights were acquired from Futuropolis.
These follows on from SelfMadeHero’s Nick Cave and Johnny Cash graphic biographies.
Emma Hayley, SelfMadeHero’s MD, says , “SelfMadeHero has always been determined to publish a diverse range of new graphic novels from international creators but its has found increasing success with its graphic biographies such as its recent best-seller Nick Cave: Mercy For Me, and its popular Art Masters series . We’re thrilled to expand this range further with these two exciting titles”
Andy: The Life and Times of Andy Warhol and One Two Three Four Ramones will be published in the UK and US by SelfMadeHero in Autumn 2018.
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018