Graphic novel publisher SelfMadeHero has acquired the worldwide English-language rights to two European graphic novels that celebrate icons from the worlds of art and music.
Andy: The Life and Times of Andy Warhol is written and drawn by Dutch artist Typex, who launched SelfMadeHero’s Arts Masters range with his graphic biography Rembrandt. The rights were acquired from Casterman.
Additionally, SelfMadeHero is publishing One Two Three Four Ramones, a graphic biography of the punk band told through the eyes of Dee Dee Ramone. The book is written by Bruno Cadène and Xavier Bétaucourt, and illustrated by Eric Cartier. Rights were acquired from Futuropolis.
These follows on from SelfMadeHero’s Nick Cave and Johnny Cash graphic biographies.
Emma Hayley, SelfMadeHero’s MD, says , “SelfMadeHero has always been determined to publish a diverse range of new graphic novels from international creators but its has found increasing success with its graphic biographies such as its recent best-seller Nick Cave: Mercy For Me, and its popular Art Masters series . We’re thrilled to expand this range further with these two exciting titles”
Andy: The Life and Times of Andy Warhol and One Two Three Four Ramones will be published in the UK and US by SelfMadeHero in Autumn 2018.
- Forty Minutes of Alita: Battle Angel to be IMAX-Sized - December 11, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credit Scene in Aquaman? (No Spoilers) - December 11, 2018
- Aquaman Review: A Superhero Movie Without Any Depth [Spoiler Free, Ish] - December 11, 2018
- Jean-Marc Lofficier’s Writer’s Commentary on the Barbarella Holiday Special - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About ‘Spider-Man No More’ Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018