In the DC Universe, people get better. Superman comes back from the dead, Batman gets his back repaired, Aquaman regrows an arm.
But how much of these services are available to the general public? We saw that Alfred Pennyworth had his hand chopped off by the Joker, and it remained separate from him, as the wound healed, only to finally be reattached to him by doctors. Which would be a pretty useful trick, and suggests that DC Comics Universe medical techniques are significantly more developed and no one needs to go visit their local Lazarus Pit emporium.
While today’s Superman Special, the final story by the Peter Tomasi/Patrick Gleason team with artist Scott Goolewski in a story that might have been called ‘Tying Up That Dinosaur Island Plotline From Two Years Ago Because No Way Will Bendis Bother’.
That was the one. Superman #8 and #9 for those playing along at home.
And in a sweet story, they go back to rescue the sole surving member of The Losers, Captain Storm, taking his prosthetic leg with them. Though he seems to have two working legs now…
Well, after receiving a certain infectious lizard bite. And so, on returning home, it’s a quick trip to STAR Labs.
Remove the leg, replace with a prosthetic and the eye would be okay as well. Is there a reason that STAR Labs is in Metropolis and not, say, Rwanda? And given this, why was Barbara Gordon in the chair for so long?
SUPERMAN SPECIAL #1
(W) Ian Flynn, Patrick Gleason, Mark Russell (A) Scott Godlewski, Bryan Hitch, Kaare Andrews (CA) Jorge Jimenez
“THE PROMISE”! Superman’s world is about to change in a big way, but before it does, the Man of Steel has some unfinished business to attend to…on Dinosaur Island! Superman and a forgotten soldier of the past take one last trip together into the abyss of tomorrow, as Captain Storm now stands face-to-face with the world of today! This extra-sized special also features stories by writers Mark Russell and Ian Flynn with art by Kaare Andrews and Bryan Hitch!In Shops: May 16, 2018
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons with Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- It’s a Two-Shirt Ant-Man and The Wasp Loot Crate for July 2018 - July 17, 2018
- USA Reverses Decision, Approves Visa for Zerocalcare to Attend San Diego Comic-Con for Lion Forge - July 17, 2018