If there’s one constant in this universe that’s more reliable than any other law, theory or concept you can think of, it’s this: sometimes, you really just can’t get enough of a good thing. Case in point: CBS powerhouse sitcom The Big Bang Theory, heading into its 12th season and last year of the cast’s two-year contracts. Both fans and television insiders were under the impression that the most recent contract negotiation would be the final one; as a way of giving the series the time needed to end its run.
Then the Chuck Lorre series’ Season 11 aired, and a funny thing happened: according to CBS Entertainment President Kelly Kahl, The Big Bang Theory is “zero down” from the previous season ratings-wise; and when the final figures from the delayed viewing of the Sheldon (Jim Parsons)-Amy (Mayim Bialik) wedding finale are factored in, might actually best Season 10 in year-to-year ratings.
During this week’s CBS upfront presentation to advertising executives – where the network unveiled its Fall 2018-2019 programming schedule – Kahl said that with ratings like those “we are hopeful that there will be more” seasons of The Big Bang Theory beyond its current run. Kahl continued, “As long as Chuck and his team have stories to tell, we will take the show for as long as they want to go. We can take a few more seasons.”
For The Big Bang Theory to return for Season 13 and beyond, Warner Bros. TV will have to negotiate new contracts for the series cast – which will definitely prove costly: the show’s original cast are the highest-paid actors on television, with deals that put their per episode pay at around $1 million.
Leonard and Sheldon are brilliant physicists – geniuses in the laboratory but socially challenged everywhere else. Enter beautiful, street-smart neighbor Penny, who aims to teach them a thing or two about life. Despite their on-again, off-again relationship in the past, Leonard and Penny have finally gotten married. Even Sheldon has found a female companion, entering into a “relationship agreement” with neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler, and he recently took their relationship to the next level by proposing marriage. In their free time, Leonard and Sheldon enjoy fantasy role-playing games with their ever-expanding universe of friends, including fellow scientists Koothrappali, Wolowitz and Wolowitz’s adorable microbiologist wife, Bernadette, who is adjusting to life with their new baby girl.
- How Things Got To Be: A Look Back at Season 2 Finale ‘The End of the Road’ [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 23, 2018
- American Gods Season 2 Update: Cast Dinner, Axe Throwing, and a Stormare Selfie - June 23, 2018
- The Grail Finds Jesse, God-Dog Rolls Out, and Humperdoo Dances in ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Preview [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 23, 2018
- Preacher Previews: Cassidy Talks Tulip with Jesse, Unrequited Love with Gran’ma [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 22, 2018
- Time’s Up for NBC’s ‘Timeless’ as Network Cancels Series for Second Time - June 22, 2018