Not all ’90s cartoon were created equal, but the ’90s FOX Kids shows were all their own kind of magic. One that appealed to the younger crowd and adults alike was Bobby’s World, created by comedian Howie Mandel.
Following the imagination of young Bobby Generic (that’s Jen-er-ick) who Mandel voiced, the various adventures with a decidedly normal bent (compared to other cartoons of the day) is due for a comeback.
“I haven’t told anyone this, but I’m working on it. I’m working on it right now,” Mandel said to Entertainment Weekly during the NBC/Universal upfronts presentation. “I have a meeting on Wednesday. I’m keeping my finger’s crossed. That’s what I want to do. Let’s hope — write something about it and maybe it’ll happen.”
I personally wouldn’t mind this title coming back, Uncle Ted’s trout on a stick notwithstanding — sometimes I still sing ‘Animals Don’t Wear Underpants’ and ‘Is It Love Or Is It Gas’ when the mood strikes.
Mandel went on to recall to EW:
“Like most things that are happening in my career, it was really accidental. I did the voice and I was a club act when Fox asked me to do a Saturday morning cartoon. I didn’t know how to write what I believed was for Saturday mornings. So I just wrote things that happened to me and my kids. And it was all real. And it happened to work. Eighty-four episodes, 65 countries in syndication. It was No. 1 for 9 years on Saturday morning. So I think it’s time to come back. And now what we have — with Facebook and Instagram and pop culture — I think that could be a big part of what Bobby is dealing with today.”
We’ll let you know if this title moves forward at all.
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018
- Games Workshop Celebrates 500th Store Opening: Free Swag, Limited Edition Minis - October 19, 2018
- Richard E. Grant asked JJ Abrams to Pinch Him Because ‘Star Wars’ - October 19, 2018