We posted about Harrison Ford interrupting an interview Alden Ehrenreich was doing, but there was a little more to it than that. After Ehrenreich got over his shock of seeing Ford and both Han Solos made some jokes about them only being there for an “old guy convention”, Ford was asked about Ehrenreich’s performance in the movie.
I just thought it was spectacular and I thought he was so smart about what he did and how he did it. I just couldn’t be happier.
— Entertainment Tonight (@etnow) May 14, 2018
The look on Ehrenreich’s face as Ford praised him is the look of a young man getting everything he’s ever wanted and more. It was obviously a very emotional response for Ehrenreich, who seemed more than a little lost for words. Ford garnered a bit of a reputation over the years of being a grumpy old man, but this doesn’t seem like the actions of a grumpy man. He gives Ehrenreich the “good job, son” punch on the shoulder and is obviously channeling being a dad.
Summary: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- Zachary Levi Shares a First Look at the Shazam! Costume - May 21, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story’s Alden Ehrenreich Lays Down the Law: Han Shot First - May 21, 2018
- John Wick: Chapter 3 Adds Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon, 5 More - May 21, 2018
- Warner Bros. Releases a Trailer, Poster, and Behind-the-Scenes Featurette for Mowgli - May 21, 2018
- Halle Berry Has Joined the Cast of John Wick: Chapter 3 - May 21, 2018