The various new dinosaurs we get to see in the various Jurassic movies are half the fun. We got the Indominus rex in the last movie and this time we get the Indoraptor. The raptor is going to be part of the second half of the movie which we only know bits and pieces about. What we do know is that this dino is not exactly doing well and hasn’t been treated well according to VFX supervisor David Vickery to Empire Magazine.
“He’s been in a cell his whole life and mistreated, so he’s slightly mentally unhinged, with a nervous twitch on his claw,” Vickery said. “One of the main references we used was a black-and-white photo of a shellshocked soldier from World War I, with these utterly haunted eyes.”
The new image, shown above, is another angle from the bedroom attack that we’ve been seeing in the marketing for this movie. It’s pretty amazing that this scene is going to be in the movie since every kid that saw Jurassic Park had a nightmare about raptors in your bedroom. It’s a very carnal and basic fear to tap into and it’s going to be fun to see it play out on screen.
Summary: When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, directed by J.A. Bayona, stars Jeff Goldblum, Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Toby Jones, James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Geraldine Chaplin, Rafe Spall, B.D. Wong, and Justice Smith. It will be released on June 22nd.
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018