The cast of Solo: A Star Wars Story took to twitter the other day to answer some fans questions about their characters in the movie. We don’t know that much about the new characters and Paul Bettany, who plays the villain Dryden Vos, answered a twitter question about his inspiration for the character and, in turn, revealed a bit about what we can expect from him.
“There were some pretty shady characters that I have met throughout my life, and I used them for inspiration,” Bettany said. “Especially with the sort of physicality of getting really close and physical with people, and sort of dominating them physically in what feels like a friendly way but could go wrong pretty quickly.”
So this is a dangerous character that wants to be make sure we know he’s dangerous the moment he walked in a room. Fans were also curious about the markings on his face which everyone just assumed were scars. It turns out that isn’t the case.
“They’re not actually scars. I think they are just his species,” Bettany said. “I think that other members of his species will have the same markings that flash red when they get furious.”
That is interesting that he’s an alien and not a human despite how humanoid he looks.
Summary: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- Zachary Levi Shares a First Look at the Shazam! Costume - May 21, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story’s Alden Ehrenreich Lays Down the Law: Han Shot First - May 21, 2018
- John Wick: Chapter 3 Adds Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon, 5 More - May 21, 2018
- Warner Bros. Releases a Trailer, Poster, and Behind-the-Scenes Featurette for Mowgli - May 21, 2018
- Halle Berry Has Joined the Cast of John Wick: Chapter 3 - May 21, 2018