After much discussion over the past few days, word just came down that FOX has indeed renewed their Batman prequel series Gotham for a 5th season, which will be the final season.
A statement from the producers about the renewal reads:
“The fifth and final season will wrap up this unique origin story of the great DC Comics Super-villains and vigilantes, which revealed an entirely new chapter that has never been told.”
This news comes amid much armchair expertise offered as to why FOX was nixing most of their genre programming for the upcoming season- reasons included sportsball (like the 5 year NFL deal and the MLB post-season games) and Tim Allen‘s canceled series Last Man Standing being picked up for a season.
Gotham has struggled, but eventually did find a pretty good rhythm which Batman fans new and old have accepted as part of the saga of Bruce Wayne.
- Alfred Pennyworth Is Getting His Own TV Series on Epix
- Waiting on the Fate of Gotham - What Lethal Weapon's Renewal Means
- Seann William Scott Added as Fox Renews Lethal Weapon
- Gotham Season 4, Episode 21 Recap: One Bad Day
- Fox Renews Family Guy for Season 16, Bob's Burgers for Season 9
- Sportsball: The Likely Reason Fox Canceled Everything
- EP Joe Henderson Says Now-Cancelled 'Lucifer' Ends with a Big Cliffhanger
- Fox Knocks Off Another, Cancelling The Exorcist After 2 Seasons
- Fox Sends Lucifer Back to Hell, Cancels Series After 3 Seasons
- Report: Amazon Studios May Be Saving The Expanse for Season 4 - May 21, 2018
- Watch: Steve Martin and Martin Short Netflix Comedy Special Trailer - May 21, 2018
- Netflix and the Obamas Sign Multi-Year Deal for Various Series and Specials - May 21, 2018
- Donald Glover on Lando’s Orientation: “How Can You Not Be Pansexual in Space?” - May 21, 2018
- Let’s Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 3, ‘Everyone Is Soigné’ - May 21, 2018