We all knew that an Anniversary event was bound to happen for Overwatch this year, we just didn’t know any of the finer details to it yet because Blizzard likes to keep all of that stuff under tight lip as much as possible. Well, sometimes, plans don’t always go the way you expect them to. An ad for the event was leaked in Brazil and is already making its way across YouTube and social media like wildfire, featuring Junkrat in what appears to be a pirate costume, dancing next to a logo confirming the day for the event to be starting on May 22nd.
Fans have already dubbed the new costume “Captain Junk Sparrow” in lieu of having a proper name to it, but it does show that the developers have created a whole new set of costumes and likely added a lot more content for loot boxes. that you’ll need to play to win or achieve through wins. Now that the word is out, it’s probably only a matter of days before they decide to formally announce the events and start hyping it. We’ll be waiting with anticipation to see what new goodies they have cooked up this time around.
- Overwatch Celebrates Anniversary with New Player Count
- Blizzard Releases the Full Details of Overwatch's 2nd Anniversary
- The Overwatch League Grand Finals Are Taking Place in New York
- Overwatch Adds Special Pink Mercy Skin for Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Overwatch League's Boston Uprising Parts Ways With Coach
- New York Excelsior Take Stage 3 Play Offs in the Overwatch League
- Overwatch Makes a Few Character Updates in Latest Patch
- Dylan Sprouse Voices Alith Anar for Total War Warhammer II DLC - May 26, 2018
- NIS America Announces Killer7 Coming to Steam This Fall - May 26, 2018
- The Lost Child Receives a New Angel Interaction Trailer - May 26, 2018
- Epic Games Openly Warns Players About Free Fortnite V-Bucks Scams - May 26, 2018
- Bungie Makes a Few Armor Tweaks and More in Destiny 2 - May 26, 2018