We all knew that an Anniversary event was bound to happen for Overwatch this year, we just didn’t know any of the finer details to it yet because Blizzard likes to keep all of that stuff under tight lip as much as possible. Well, sometimes, plans don’t always go the way you expect them to. An ad for the event was leaked in Brazil and is already making its way across YouTube and social media like wildfire, featuring Junkrat in what appears to be a pirate costume, dancing next to a logo confirming the day for the event to be starting on May 22nd.
Fans have already dubbed the new costume “Captain Junk Sparrow” in lieu of having a proper name to it, but it does show that the developers have created a whole new set of costumes and likely added a lot more content for loot boxes. that you’ll need to play to win or achieve through wins. Now that the word is out, it’s probably only a matter of days before they decide to formally announce the events and start hyping it. We’ll be waiting with anticipation to see what new goodies they have cooked up this time around.
- Overwatch Celebrates Anniversary with New Player Count
- Blizzard Releases the Full Details of Overwatch's 2nd Anniversary
- The Overwatch League Grand Finals Are Taking Place in New York
- Overwatch Adds Special Pink Mercy Skin for Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Overwatch League's Boston Uprising Parts Ways With Coach
- New York Excelsior Take Stage 3 Play Offs in the Overwatch League
- Overwatch Makes a Few Character Updates in Latest Patch
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases Two New Patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man - October 19, 2018
- Pac-Man Will Appear On Cans of Red Bull Because… Nostalgia? - October 19, 2018
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch - October 19, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches “The Hallowed Blight” Halloween Event - October 19, 2018