Hmmm. I wonder if Ubisoft made a deal with Mercedes-Benz? This week we got a fresh new trailer for The Crew 2 as we slowly make our way to the June 29th release. But an interesting little tidbit about this one is that it’s totally sponsored content, and you’ll never guess who. That’s right, it’s Mercedes-Benz.
We really don’t need to talk much about this trailer beyond that single factoid because, while are you are technically seeing several of their cars doing off-road racing in gameplay footage, the reality is it’s a double ad that was made for car people to buy into.
The one shining star in all of this is the fact that the company is showing off the X-Class and all of the stuff it can supposedly do in real life inside the game. We can’t attest to it since we don’t own one (but we’d be happy to take one for a ride if you send it to us Mercedes-Benz!), but it definitely makes the car look a lot cooler as it sloshes through mud and tracks across sandy deserts. If you’re really into racing games and new cars, then this is 90 seconds of your time that will be well spent.
- The Crew 2 is Getting a Demolition Derby Update from Ubisoft
- The Crew 2 Gets a New Trailer Featuring a Zivko Airplane
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It's Coming This Summer
- The Crew 2 is Getting a Closed Alpha for PC This Week
- The Crew 2 Has Been Delayed Into Next Summer
- Transforming Cars At Will In 'The Crew 2' At PAX West