Crytek announced Hunt: Showdown’s first major content update, which brings new content and a large number of tweaks, changes, and bug fixes for the early access title. With Content Update 1, players will gain access to five new weapons equipped with scopes, as well as two new tactical bombs and eleven new Hunter outfits. In addition, twelve new traits are being debuted with this update. Traits are used to boost players’ performance and capabilities in various ways, and are a way for you to customize your hunter.
Hunt: Showdown is a competitive first-person bounty hunting game with heavy PvE elements, from the makers of Crysis. Set in the darkest corners of the world, it packs the thrill of survival games into a match-based format. Hunt’s competitive, match-based gameplay mixes PvP and PvE elements to create a uniquely tense experience. It is currently in early access on Steam.
In response to community feedback, one of the update’s biggest goals was to reduce the advantages for campers by changing level architecture and layout, as well as adding rewards for players who successfully banish the boss. You can learn more about these changes in a video with Level Design Director Chris Auty here. In another video released today, Lead Designer Dennis Schwarz and Senior System Designer David West also address this issue, as well as some of the changes and additions to weapons, gunplay, traits, hunters, and audio.
Many smaller changes were made as well: the addition of fall damage, map readability improvements, and a re-balance for players’ footstep audio. All of the details can be found in the update patch notes.
The latest developer update video is below.
- Hunt: Showdown Will Reveal New Content at TwitchCon
- Auroch Digital Reveals Their Next Strategy Title Mars Horizon
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018