Bad news for Pokémon GO players who were looking forward to attending Pokémon GO Fest 2018 this year in Chicago. If you didn’t already buy your tickets to the event, you’re out of luck, as the event officially sold out in less than an hour. The news came down today from the game’s official Twitter account.
Can’t make it to Chicago for #PokemonGOFest2018? Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to celebrate Pokémon GO Fest 2018 wherever you are! Stay tuned to our event website for details on how Trainers around the world can take part in the fun. https://t.co/oF4eHDxlsh
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) May 11, 2018
Basically, what this means to most fans is that you won’t be able to get into the official park entrance for the event. However, if you’re like one of the thousands who attended last year and didn’t go to the park, it doesn’t mean you still can’t participate by being on the outside of the park and taking part in some of the fan-created events that are sure to spring up. Just be aware if you’re in the area and had your hopes of attending, not having a ticket is not the end of the world and does not have to ruin your weekend. Besides, we have yet to see if the event organizers learned their lessons from last year.
- Alolan Versions of Diglett and Geodude Are Coming to Pokémon GO
- Niantic Just Took Aim at Cheaters in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Will Be Introducing Alolan Variants Soon
- The Shiny Ho-Oh is Now Available in Pokémon GO Raids
- The Latest Pokémon GO Update Gave Your Storage a Boost
- From the Rumor Mill: Will We Be Getting a Pokémon Switch Announcement Soon?
- Pokémon GO Fest 2018 is Returning to Chicago
- Nintendo's Incoming CEO Would Like One Major Mobile Game
- Let's Take a Look at Some Jurassic World Figures! Part 2: Dinos!
- Pokémon GO to Add Gen 4 Pokémon and Raise the Level Cap
- Pokémon GO is Setting Up to Add Regional Raid Bosses