Leave it up to one of the creators of Mortal Kombat to tease fans all the way up to whatever the reveal may be. A couple weeks ago we talked about how we’re probably going to get a proper reveal of a new title in the series sometime in the next couple months. Now series co-creator Ed Boon has thrown some wood on that fire by going to Twitter and letting out this not-so-subtle tweet that got everyone talking today.
You know what ELSE would be kool…..? https://t.co/KcJkm8HVyY
— Ed Boon (@noobde) May 10, 2018
Obviously with E3 creeping up on us, the reality of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios releasing a brand-new Mortal Kombat title has crossed the minds of many people waiting for the next incarnation of the game to come their way. Obviously, unless they decide to do another retcon of the series, it’s going to be a proper sequel to Mortal Kombat X and continue the story of the current timeline with (spoilers) Raiden being Dark Raiden while Lie Kang and Kitana ruling The NetherRealm. So the need for secrecy isn’t all that surprising, while at the same time wanting to tease it’s coming. E3 is just a month away, so we’ll see what the next few weeks have stored for teases.
- No, We're Not Getting Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe 2 or Film
- From The Rumor Mill: Are We Getting a Mortal Kombat 11 Trailer Soon?
- Mortal Kombat Figures Coming From Funko
- Mortal Kombat, The Best Fighting Game Series Of All Time, Coming From Funko
- Ed Boon Teases Another 'Mortal Kombat' Character For 'Injustice 2'
- Mortal Kombat's Sub-Zero Is Live On Injustice 2 Today