ABC has played grim reaper for four of their series just now, cancelling the critically skewered Marvel’s Inhumans, the magician-turned-detective series Deception, Kevin (Probably) Saves the World, The Crossing, and 10 Days in the Valley.
Marvel’s Inhumans was considered a flop before it aired after the first two episodes were made available to fans at IMAX theaters. The series showed the Royal Family of Inhumans that lived on the moon and had to deal with a coup by the kings evil brother. The series starred Anson Mount, Serinda Swan and Iwan Rheon. Mount has been cast as Captain Pike for season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery.
10 Days in the Valley also had a problem catching on, burning most of their episodes on Saturday nights during the winter after initial airings fell flat even with star Kira Sedgwick attached.
The Jason Ritter-led, spiritually inspired series Kevin (Probably) Saves the Universe averaged 0.7 demo rating, only beating out other shows that have been cancelled and Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, whose fate has yet to be announced.
Deception, which felt a bit like Castle with a magician instead of a writer and starred Cameron Black as a disgraced illusionist who conjures up for himself a new career as an FBI consultant. But viewers didn’t get behind the performance, and the series will air its finale on May 27th.
And the Steve Zahn-led sci-fi series The Crossing, about a quiet town where 47 refugees from a war in the future mysterious appear, isn’t going to get a second season either. The series is still going, and a date for the season finale has yet to be announced.
- ABC Passes on Female-Fronted Greatest American Hero Reboot
- Fresh off the Boat Renewed for Season 5
- Supergirl Season 3: 14 Photos From the ‘Darkside of the Moon’ - May 22, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: Buzz Building Over 2 New Characters - May 22, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside The Suit Trade Paperback from Dennis Calero - May 22, 2018
- Syfy Releases Video to Hype Krypton’s Second Season Renewal - May 22, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: How to Defeat The Thinker Without Him Knowing - May 22, 2018