This season of Supergirl has put the Girl of Steel in a lot of situations that has forced her to look at the world differently. After last season making the sacrifice of sending Mon-El (Chris Wood) off to save the Earth, Kara (Melissa Benoist) has been doing a lot of growing this year. And that will continue through the season finale.
Benoist talked to EW.com about how even with two of the Worldkillers dead, things aren’t going to get easier. The actress says the finale in particular will be a big growth moment for the character.
With decisions she makes and how things transpire to wrap it up, she’s really taking ownership of herself. She’s maturing, which is what I’ve always wanted for her since season 1. I wanted to see a natural arc of a girl coming into womanhood, because she was almost naïve at the beginning, and just charging ahead not really knowing what she was doing. And now, I think she really does, and she is slowly chiseling out her place, wherever she wants to be.
They’ve set it up with the removal of the other two Worldkillers that it will come down to Kara having to try and save her friend Sam (Odette Annable). What happens if she can’t — if there’s no way to stop Reign without killing her, or maybe sentencing her to the Phantom Zone? I could see either of those choices being something that would make you grow up.
- Arrow Season 7: Which Version of Roy Harper are We Getting? - May 24, 2018
- Read Warlords of Mars #1 with the J. Scott Campbell Cover that Inspired the Dejah Thoris Statue - May 24, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD: What is the Final Fate of Graviton - May 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: The Threat From Ricardo Diaz May Be Far From Over - May 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 5: How Will Iris and Barry Deal with the Mysterious Girl - May 24, 2018