More Solo: A Star Wars Story footage is here, and this time a TV spot actually reveals a bit about the plot. In this one we find out that Qi’Ra (Emilia Clarke) is actually working for Dryden Vos (Paul Bettany), who is being sold as the movie’s villain.
We also get a new clip of Han’s big mouth getting him in trouble, and the look he’s getting from his crewmates in this moment is one that we’ve been on plenty of characters’ faces in the Star Wars universe.
This TV marks the first time in a while that we’ve seen some plot detail well and truly revealed in the marketing. It isn’t a huge one, but considering that we know virtually nothing about Qi’Ra it is a pretty big deal. We’re about two weeks away from the release, but the world premiere is tonight and the premiere at Cannes is in five days. For those worried about spoilers, it might be best to start unfollowing or blacklisting tags now.
Summary: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- Jon Favreau Confirms the Time Period of His Star Wars Show
- Zachary Levi Shares a First Look at the Shazam! Costume - May 21, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story’s Alden Ehrenreich Lays Down the Law: Han Shot First - May 21, 2018
- John Wick: Chapter 3 Adds Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon, 5 More - May 21, 2018
- Warner Bros. Releases a Trailer, Poster, and Behind-the-Scenes Featurette for Mowgli - May 21, 2018
- Halle Berry Has Joined the Cast of John Wick: Chapter 3 - May 21, 2018