More Solo: A Star Wars Story footage is here, and this time a TV spot actually reveals a bit about the plot. In this one we find out that Qi’Ra (Emilia Clarke) is actually working for Dryden Vos (Paul Bettany), who is being sold as the movie’s villain.
We also get a new clip of Han’s big mouth getting him in trouble, and the look he’s getting from his crewmates in this moment is one that we’ve been on plenty of characters’ faces in the Star Wars universe.
This TV marks the first time in a while that we’ve seen some plot detail well and truly revealed in the marketing. It isn’t a huge one, but considering that we know virtually nothing about Qi’Ra it is a pretty big deal. We’re about two weeks away from the release, but the world premiere is tonight and the premiere at Cannes is in five days. For those worried about spoilers, it might be best to start unfollowing or blacklisting tags now.
Summary: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- Jon Favreau Confirms the Time Period of His Star Wars Show
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018