Well, we finally got to see what we were hoping to see! Prior to E3, SNK has decided to finally reveal the mini video game console we all knew was coming as the company showed off the NeoGeo Mini today. The news came down this morning on the company’s official website and Twitter account, along with a photo to put a stamp on the reveal.
The NEOGEO mini, a video game console celebrating the 40th Anniversary of SNK’s brand is announced!
40 legendary NEOGEO titles will be included! #SNK #SNK40th #NEOGEOhttps://t.co/Gttcvw4vZB pic.twitter.com/Hqr5XLrtB8
— SNK GLOBAL (@SNKPofficial) May 10, 2018
What separates this from all of the other competitors is that it’s an arcade cabinet, which might be an absolute turnoff to some but feel like nostalgia for others. The entire unit is meant to resemble their old-school cabinets in Japan that used to have several games in one, down to the color scheme of the buttons and the joystick. Aside from King of Fighters, the company was vague as to what games and how many of them would be on the unit.
We weren’t expecting to see this until E3 in June, but it appears the company wanted to get a head start on the event and reveal the news on their own time without being buried under all of E3’s announcements. Here’s hoping they’ll reveal what else is on the console in June.
- Is SNK Teasing a Mini Neo Geo Console for Their 40th Anniversary?
- All the Jiggly Fighting You Could Need in SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
- Final Fantasy XV's Noctis is Coming to Tekken 7 Next Week
- The PS4, Vita, & PC Will Get The King of Fighters ’97 This Spring
- Puzzle & Dragons Has a King of Fighters Crossover Going On Now
- Ubisoft Teases Fans About Its Pre-E3 Event - May 24, 2018
- The Sims 4 is Getting a New Expansion Bringing in the Seasons - May 24, 2018
- From The Rumor Mill: Are We Getting Dying Light 2 at E3? - May 24, 2018
- Capcom Examines the History of the Street Fighter Alpha Series in Latest Video - May 24, 2018
- Ubisoft Reveals Their Next DLC for Far Cry 5 in Hours of Darkness Trailer - May 24, 2018