Fox has pulled the plug on The Last Man on Earth after four seasons. The Will Forte-created series was considered to have niche appeal and never really grew its audience, though the series had achieved a bit of a cult status. I’m sure there will be petitions to save the series or have another outlet pick it up.
The dark comedy tells the tale of an average guy who out of no fault of his own, becomes the last man on the planet and humanity’s last hope — or at least he seems to be. A deadly virus has spread around the globe in 2020, leaving Phil Miller (Forte) alone in the world. He searches for survivors but finds none, eventually returning to his home in Tucson, Arizona where eventually a handful of other survivors find him. The fourth season involves the survivors moving on from Tucson and heading towards Mexico to avoid nuclear fallout.
The series also stars Kristen Schaal, January Jones, Mel Rodriguez, Cleopatra Coleman, and Mary Steenburgen. During its four-season run it received five Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series, Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series, and two lead actor nominations.
The final episode of the season ran on Sunday of this week.
- Sportsball: The Likely Reason Fox Canceled Everything
- EP Joe Henderson Says Now-Cancelled 'Lucifer' Ends with a Big Cliffhanger
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: How Will They Bring Back [Spoiler]? - June 21, 2018
- The Walking Dead’s David Morrissey Signs on to Good Omens - June 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1: It’s Even Better the Second Time Around - June 21, 2018
- Jeff Parker and Bob Q Team for James Bond Origin - June 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger Season 1: Has Tyrone Found His Cloak? - June 21, 2018