After much nail biting, STARZ has announced they will indeed be ordering 2 more seasons of drama series Outlander.
STARZ Chief Chris Albrecht offered a statement about the pickup to Variety:
“Fans can rest assured their beloved Claire and Jamie will be back facing new challenges, adversaries and adventures in seasons five and six as we delve into American history and continue the story of the Frasers as they settle in the New World.”
It also sounds like seasons five and six will run 12 episodes apiece, which is less than previous seasons of 13 episodes the past two years.
We also know, per Variety, that the season four premiere will air sometime in November, which at least is more of a date than “sometime in the fall”.
The series is based on the novels by Diana Gabaldon, covering pretty much all genre of fiction from science fiction, history, romance to humor and philosophy. At present, there are 8 published books in the saga, the 9th “Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone” is in process and slated for a release at some point in the nearish future.
Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica) brought the show to STARZ along with his production company Twin Ships and longtime Moore collaborator and executive producer Maril Davis has been with the series since day one.
Caitriona Balfe stars as Claire Fraser, the time-traveling army nurse from the 1940’s who falls in love with Jamie Fraser (Sam Heugah). The pair circumvent the world in their travels, and even get involved with Revolutions on two continents.
Outlander will return to STARZ in November of 2018.
- Joel Kinnaman, 2 Others Join Ron D. Moore's Space Series for Apple
- 'Outlander' Shares New Images of Young Ian and Rollo from Season 4!
- Outlander Season 4 Has Officially Wrapped Filming
- Diana Gabaldon May Write an Outlander Season 5 Episode
- Outlander Shares New BTS Photo of Claire from Season 4
- Outlander Warns Fans to Avoid Large Rock Formations in PSA
- First Image of the Natives from Outlander Season 4 Surfaces
- STARZ's 'Outlander' is Skipping SDCC For NYCC This Year
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 4, 'Simone's'
- STARZ Shares Outlander Season 4 Photo of Claire and [SPOILER]
- STARZ's 'Outlander' Releases Season 4 Photo of Claire
- Tobias Menzies Takes Over Prince Philip From Matt Smith for 'The Crown' S3
- Outlander: Get Your Sassenach Hands on Bear McCreary's Season 3 Soundtrack Now
- Outlander Season 4: First Look At Jamie And Claire In America
- Battlestar Galactica's Ronald D. Moore to Helm Space Drama for Apple
- Let's Talk About Outlander Season 3, Episode 12, 'The Bakra'
- Starz May Be Eyeing Outlander Season 5 Pickup
- Yes Really: ‘The Last Sharknado’ May Be The Best Sharknado - August 19, 2018
- Best Evan Rachel Wood Reaction Moment Comes While Playing Heads Up! - August 19, 2018
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Shares 4 BTS Photos For World Photography Day - August 19, 2018
- ‘Shades of Blue’ is Ending, but Ray Liotta Doesn’t Want it to - August 19, 2018
- What Does Ron D. Moore Think About ‘Star Trek’ Fatigue? - August 19, 2018