IDW is to republish the 1989 graphic novel adaptation of James Cameron‘s The Abyss by Dark Horse VP Randy Stradley and legendary artist Michael Kalulta in their relatively new Artisan Edition format, a smaller more affordable reproduction of original art boards.
Now in the one-of-a-kind Artisan Edition format, the comic adaptation of the Academy Award-winning film from the director of Aliens, Avatar, The Terminator, and Titanic.
In 1989, writer Randy Stradley and acclaimed artist M.W. Kaluta released their comic adaptation of James Cameron’s Academy Award-winning film The Abyss, the story of the crew of an experimental underwater drilling rig called Deepcore and their dangerous mission to the bottom of the ocean in search of a missing U.S. Navy submarine that would change the world (and their lives) forever. Now, IDW Publishing is proud to bring you The Abyss in our Artisan Edition format, presented with same exacting quality standards as our award-winning Artist’s Edition series, just at a smaller (and more manageable!) size. Nearly every page has been scanned from M.W. Kaluta’s incredible original art in full color in order to capture all the nuances that make original art special and unique–blue pencil notations, tape, white-out, and more.
Look for it in November, handily in time for Christmas.
- Punisher is Coming This Winter from One:12 Collective
- MLB Morning Trip Around the Bases: Yankees Stay Hot, Harvey to the Reds, and More!
- Deadpool Has an Awesome New Blu-ray Steelbook at Best Buy
- Will Batman be Left at the Bat Altar? - May 27, 2018
- A View From Nigeria On Black Panther #1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña - May 27, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 27th May 2018 – From MCM London Comic Con - May 27, 2018
- Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Immortal Hulk, Tony Stark Iron Man All Sell Out First Issues - May 27, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 27th May 2018 – Everyone Loves Josh Middleton - May 27, 2018