Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Monolith Entertainment have launched the Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion for Middle-earth: Shadow of War. It allows gamers to play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil who survived of the city’s demise in the main campaign.
For the first time players can command the forces of Man against a deadly Orc threat to the East and utilize a host of new abilities and gear to conquer the harsh desert region of Lithlad, which houses the imposing Marauder fortress of Shindrâm. The Desolation of Mordor features the following content:
- Play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s demise, in a new story expansion where players can command the forces of Man against a new Orc threat to the East.
- Unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear, including the shield, gauntlet, grapple and kite.
- Hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer the all-new desert region of Lithlad, lair of the Were-Wyrms.
- Complete a host of new outpost missions and overthrow the imposing Marauder fortress of Shindrâm.
- Fight to survive in Mordor as a human without the power of a Ring or a wraith to cheat death in a new rogue-like campaign mode
Meanwhile, there are several free content updates also available today for all Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners. Those updates include:
- Nemesis System Enhancements – Overlords can now have bodyguards, who function the same as Warchief bodyguards and are able to deploy spies.
- Brutal Difficulty – Enemies are as fast and lethal as on Gravewalker difficulty, but damage is increased greatly, and Might and Wrath will fill up faster allowing players to use more special moves.
- New Player Skin – Choose to appear as Baranor in the main story campaign.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New stickers, styles and filters inspired by the Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion.
- Online Fight Pits & Online Conquests Update – Search for friends by player name when battling it out in online modes.
The expansion launch trailer is below.
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018