We recently ran a piece from Rod Lamberti of Rodman Comics on the pain of ordering comic books with variant covers. But what’s worse is when you don’t even know what that cover will look like. Even at the Final Order Cut-Off level.
This has been a bigbear of one retailer, Dennis Barger, of WonderWorld Comics. And when doing orders this week, he could take no more.
Finalizing my FOC today and the variants for DC/WB cartoon series still aren’t updated and Marvel sent the variants for Tony Stark: Iron Man #1 to Diamond a week ago and they STILL aren’t updated. I’m ordering 0 qty on all variants from now on that aren’t updated on time. I expect all covers to be in Diamond’s computer the day FOC goes live on tuesdays from now on (or a good reason why they can’t ie classified, spoiler etc). Retailers need the images before ordering a variant that is only there because of the additional art. I think this is more of a diamond issue but publishers are going to have to loose money making variants until they start wagging the dog to make them accountable for their customers.
Either publishers need to be told to hold their print til they are ready by Diamond or Diamond needs to be held to updating by publishers… this has got to end, DiDio lost a bet to me 4 years ago or this…. nothing has changed
No more variants until photos are updated, Monday is too late!!!
Aquaman/Jabberjaw #1 by Joshua Middleton, Black Lightning/Hong Kong Phooey #1 by Chris Cross, The Flash/Speed Buggy #1 by Ivan Reis, and Super Sons/Dynomutt #1 by Doug Mahnke.
- Comic Store In Your Future – The Return of Diamond’s Secret Shopper - May 26, 2018
- Letitia Wright Would Rather Be the New Black Panther Than the New Iron Man - May 26, 2018
- David Harewood Promises Big Changes to Supergirl at the End of Season 3 - May 26, 2018
- 15 Things to Pick Up at MCM London Comic Con 2018 Today - May 26, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018