When Bleeding Cool got word that there was a bit of a DC Comics line-wide set of creative changes and relaunches, we called it DC’s Fresh Start as it seemed reminiscent of Marvel Comics own named Fresh Start.
I understand that internally it’s being dubbed a ‘Creative Refresh’.
So we get Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp giving us a new Green Lantern #1. Rob Williams is replaced on Suicide Squad by Brian Azzarello. Kelly Sue DeConnick replaces Dan Abnett on Aquaman. We get a David F Walker Flash comic. And probably a Justice Foundation comic from Steve Orlando. Though sadly no Matt Fraction Jimmy Olsen comic – the first issue was written, and I would expect it to appear somewhere in some altered form down the line. Hopefully in Sex Criminals.
Creative refresh, fresh start, shuffling the deckchairs, call it what you will, But advice given to new up-and-coming creators wanting to break into DC Comics may start with ‘move to Portland’.
So… what DC Comics title would you like to see creatively refreshed? And I don’t just mean John Constantine drinking the bar dry…
- Batman Damned #1 Signed by Lee Bermejo Sells for $1000 - September 23, 2018
- Stephen Colbert Weighs In On the Batpenis - September 23, 2018
- ComiXology Denies Censoring the Bat Penis - September 23, 2018
- Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ Criminal Returns in January from Image Comics (UPDATE) - September 23, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 23rd September 2018 – What’s The Story, Morning Glory? - September 23, 2018