When Bleeding Cool got word that there was a bit of a DC Comics line-wide set of creative changes and relaunches, we called it DC’s Fresh Start as it seemed reminiscent of Marvel Comics own named Fresh Start.
I understand that internally it’s being dubbed a ‘Creative Refresh’.
So we get Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp giving us a new Green Lantern #1. Rob Williams is replaced on Suicide Squad by Brian Azzarello. Kelly Sue DeConnick replaces Dan Abnett on Aquaman. We get a David F Walker Flash comic. And probably a Justice Foundation comic from Steve Orlando. Though sadly no Matt Fraction Jimmy Olsen comic – the first issue was written, and I would expect it to appear somewhere in some altered form down the line. Hopefully in Sex Criminals.
Creative refresh, fresh start, shuffling the deckchairs, call it what you will, But advice given to new up-and-coming creators wanting to break into DC Comics may start with ‘move to Portland’.
So… what DC Comics title would you like to see creatively refreshed? And I don’t just mean John Constantine drinking the bar dry…
- Preview: Heroes in Crisis #1 by Tom King, Clay Mann, and Mitch Gerads - July 20, 2018
- What Happens at the Skybound Afterparty Stays at the Skybound Afterparty - July 20, 2018
- A New Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog Story by Joss Whedon for 10th Anniversary - July 20, 2018
- Riri Williams: Ironheart Movie in the Works from Marvel Studios, to Replace Iron Man? - July 20, 2018
- Caleb Goellner and Adam Bryce Thomas Create a Team Sonic Racing Comic - July 20, 2018