It seemed about right for the tickets for Solo: A Star Wars Story to go on sale May 4th but over a day later the numbers are coming in and they look pretty big. According to Entertainment Weekly the first 24 hours of pre-sales have already passed that of Marvel’s Black Panther which went on to have one of the biggest opening weekends of all time. The early tracking for Solo is putting it at a $160-170 million opening weekend. This is all before the reviews come in and a early screening at the Cannes Film Festival and positive reviews could make those numbers grow even more.
The same could be said if the reviews turn out to be negative as well so it could be word of mouth that makes this movie either a hit or sends it into the stratosphere. It will have some stiff competition at the box office; Deadpool 2 will be going into its second week and right now it looks like Avengers: Infinity War will be a beast to compete with as well. This is also going to be the second time this year Disney has the chance to cannibalize itself with having too many movies released at same time. The first was earlier this year when Black Panther beat A Wrinkle in Time at the box office.
Entertainment Weekly also shared a new image featuring Han and Chewie in the bar where the infamous sabacc game will take place.
Summary: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- Thanos Gets An Amazing Infinity War Head Knocker From NECA
- Wonder Woman Gets A New Statue From Prime 1 Studio
- Joker Killing Joke and Batman/Superman Q-Figs Coming This Summer
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Sunday, May 6
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018