HBO’s Game Of Thrones knows who their audience is, or at the very least they know their fans enjoy a tasty adult beverage or two. Those madmen over in Westeros have already partnered with New York brewery Ommegang to create a vast kingdom’s worth of ales and beers, as well as three Bob Cabral-created wines. Apparently their next 21+ collaboration will be a Johnnie Walker scotch.
Over on the official Johnnie Walker twitter account, a short video was posted teasing the release in the fall:
— Johnnie Walker (@JohnnieWalkerUS) May 3, 2018
Over on the facebook page, a fan asked an important question; would this be a new blend or an existing one with updated packaging? (Remember the Blade Runner: 2049 one). The company responded, saying:
We’re excited to be partnering with HBO on White Walker by Johnnie Walker, which will launch this fall. Stay tuned for more details in the coming months!
So still not an answer really, about a new blend vs a repackaged one. Theoretically we’ll be learning more about the release in coming months.
It’s a little strange though that the music used in the video is actually Daenerys’s theme “Reign” by series composer Ramin Djawadi, which doesn’t really fit the product advertised as “White Walker”.
We’ll let you know when any additional information is released by HBO, Game of Thrones, or Johnnie Walker, perhaps we’ll be getting a Christmas release of White Walker, that’d be pretty perfect.
- The Hans Zimmer Composer Roundtable Featuring Ramin Djawadi, Henry Jackman and More
- HBO Renews Westworld For a Season 3
- George R. R. Martin WILL Be Publishing in 2018- But Not The Thing We Want
- #7Years7Kingdoms: Maisie Williams Asks for Your Favorite Game of Thrones Moments
- HBO SVP of Drama Spills on Game of Thrones' Final Season
- Game of Thrones White Walker Brings Winter to Toy Collections, Thanks to ThreeZero
- 'Vikings' Creator Says the Show Is a Grown-Up Game of Thrones
- HBO Confirms 2019 'Game Of Thrones' Release Date
- This Game of Thrones Tarot Card Set is Amazing
- D23 2019: Event Dates, Ticket Sales, and More Revealed - August 16, 2018
- Fathom Events is Bringing ‘Jurassic Park’ Back to Theaters - August 16, 2018
- One Way Carlton Cuse Would Be “Okay” with a ‘LOST’ Reboot - August 16, 2018
- ‘Westworld’ Creative Team Talk Season 2 Reactions and “F***ing Killing Robots” - August 16, 2018
- ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff Film Was Going to Use Tatooine as Setting - August 16, 2018