In the world of sequels and franchises it’s almost more surprising to hear that a movie won’t be getting a sequel than finding out that it will. When Deadpool was a massive success for 20th Century Fox no one was really surprised when the movie got a sequel and now that the sequel is coming out people are already wondering about a third. We know that a spin-off X-Force movie is on the way but what about a third Deadpool movie. Star Ryan Reynolds was asked about this by Entertainment Weekly and he wasn’t sure there was going to be a third movie.
“I don’t know that there would be a Deadpool 3. I really don’t,” says Reynolds. “I feel like the character, in order for him to function properly within his own universe, you need to take everything away from him. I don’t think that you can keep doing that. I do see him as being a part of X-Force, obviously. I would love to see him in a team-up sort of thing, like a mano a mano or a great female character from the X-Men universe. I just think if you’re going to do another Deadpool solo film, you’ve got to really, like, get that budget down to nothing and just swing for the fences, and break all kinds of weird barriers, and do stuff that no one else can do.”
We already know that X-Force is on the way and with the looming Disney-Fox deal there isn’t way to determine where the X-Men side of the universe will be by the time a Deadpool 3 needs to happen. Reynolds seems to really love the character but he also appears to understand that evolution is the key to making things last. A third movie might not be the right option to keeping things interesting and not when there are so many options when it comes to Deadpool material you could adapt.
Summary(?): After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.
Deadpool 2, directed by David Leitch, stars Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, T.J. Miller, Josh Brolin, Brianna Hildebrand, and Zazie Beetz. It will be released on May 18th.
- Gamora Gets a Hot Toys Release from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Thursday, May 3
- Ant-Man and Wasp Battle Ghost in New LEGO Set
- Daredevil Season 3: Peter Halpin Joins the Cast as Theo Nelson - October 18, 2018
- Watch Our Heroes Do Some Training in This New Robin Hood Clip - October 18, 2018
- Sophie Turner Talks Incorporating Mental Illness into Dark Phoenix - October 18, 2018
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: First Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018