With the announcement of the new DC Digital streaming service, DC Universe, we also found out that they’ve given a script-to-series order for Swamp Thing, a new drama based on the character created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. Heading the project is James Wan’s Atomic Monster and is looking for a 2019 premiere.
Swamp Thing is being written by Mark Verheiden and Gary Dauberman and focuses on CDC researcher Abby Arcane as she returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, in order to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland — only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, intent on exploiting the swamp’s mysterious properties for their own purposes, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous — and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all.
Swamp Thing was adapted to film in 1982 by horror master Wes Craven and starred Ray Wise, Adrienne Barbeau, Louis Jordan and Dick Durock with a 19889 sequel called The Return of the Swamp Thing. There was also a television series that started in 1990 and ran for three seasons.
Also of note is that the 13-episode series Metropolis which got a straight-to-series order for 2019 will now be redeveloped. The series was set to focus on Lois Lane and Lex Luthor before Superman ever appeared in the city.
- Gamora Gets a Hot Toys Release from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Thursday, May 3
- Ant-Man and Wasp Battle Ghost in New LEGO Set
- Robots Vs. Princesses Finds a Home at Dynamite - May 25, 2018
- Costume Department Logo Hints at Villain for Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3 - May 25, 2018
- Emily Bett Rickards Talks the Future for Felicity Smoak in Arrow Season 7 - May 25, 2018
- Dynamite Collects Red Sonja Stories from The Savage Sword of Conan - May 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: Which Version of Roy Harper are We Getting? - May 24, 2018