Welcome back, fellow freaks, to Bleeding Cool’s recap/review of NBC’s Thursday night comedy series A.P. Bio, starring It’s Always in Sunny in Philadelphia‘s Glenn Howerton and Happy!‘s Patton Oswalt. In this week’s penultimate episode ‘Walleye,’, Jack’s (Howerton) “master plan” against Miles (Tom Bennett) gets really personal for Devin (Jacob McCarthy); while Durbin (Oswalt), Mary (Mary Sohn), Stef (Lyric Lewis) and Michelle (Jean Villepique) are charged with coming up with a theme for the Sadie Hawkins dance – so what could go wrong?
But first, here’s a highlight from and overview of this week’s episode, ‘Walleye’:
A.P. Bio s01e12 ‘Walleye’: Jack (Glenn Howerton) successfully convinces Miles (Tom Bennett) that Devin (Jacob McCarthy) is his illegitimate son. Durbin (Patton Oswalt), Mary (Mary Sohn), Stef (Lyric Lewis) and Michelle (Jean Villepique) clash on the Sadie Hawkins dance theme.
So our A.P. Bio “revaps” (recaps/reviews) are going to cover both the “nitty” and the “gritty” of the episode, along with some of our thoughts on what worked and what should’ve been left unseen by sane eyes. So I guess what we’re trying to say is that you’re wading into a potential “spoiler minefield”…so tread carefully.
You can check out our recap/review of A.P. Bio Episode 11: ‘Eight Pigs and a Rat’ here:
Here’s a look back at two episode highlights from last week’s episode:
Here’s a “first look” at this season of A.P. Bio, as well as an overview of the series:
When disgraced Harvard philosophy scholar Jack Griffin (Glenn Howerton) loses out on his dream job, he is forced to return to Toledo, Ohio, and work as a high school Advanced Placement biology teacher. As he comes crashing in to Whitlock High School, Jack makes it absolutely clear he will not be teaching any biology. Realizing he has a room full of honor roll students at his disposal, Jack decides instead to use the kids for his own benefit. Eager to prove that he is still king of the castle, Principal Durbin (Patton Oswalt) struggles to control the force of nature that is Jack Griffin.
NBC’s A.P. Bio is written by Mike O’Brien, who also serves as executive producer alongside Lorne Michaels, Seth Meyers, Andrew Singer and Mike Shoemaker. Universal Television, Broadway Video and Sethmaker Shoemeyers are producing.
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’ (Bring Out Your Dead! Live Blog) - October 21, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Cast, Creative Talk Feminism, Identity; Tease Crossover with “Witchy Shows” - October 21, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 7 ‘Traitor’: Cordelia Recruits More Magic - October 21, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 8 ‘Charlie’s Home Alone’: Charlie Channels His Inner “Culkin” (PREVIEW) - October 21, 2018
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018