MLB games take place every single day (for the most part), and with so many choices, which ones should you make sure to try and catch at least an inning or two of?
Welcome to our new daily column, picking out some games on the baseball slate each day that should be on your radar. On any given day, there are 15 or so games that you can peruse, and you don’t want to get stuck watching the wrong ones! So here they are, the games that we think you should seek out for Friday, April 27.
Arizona Diamondbacks at Washington Nationals- 7:05 EST First Pitch
If you are not out seeing Infinity War tonight, watch a great pitching match-up between Zack Godley and Stephen Strasburg. Godley has been pretty great so far, and he always seems to get a ton of run support when he pitches. That might be tougher with Strasburg on the mound. It was not his fault he lost his last start against the Dodgers- he recorded his first double-digit strikeout total of the year and only surrendered two runs in 7 2/3 innings. With two powerful line-ups and two capable pitchers, this should be one of the better games we get to see this weekend. The Diamondbacks have 8 series wins to start the season as well, the first team to do so since the 2001 Mariners did it. Let’s see if they can make it 9.
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) April 26, 2018
Oakland A’s at Houston Astros- 8:05 EST First Pitch
Sean Manaea takes the hill for the first time since throwing MLB’s first no-hitter of the season last Saturday. He struck out ten on the way to making history against the tough Boston Red Sox line-up. This one may be a bit tougher. The Astros look every bit as good as they did last year, and have spent the week playing division rivals and look to recover from losing two to the Angels earlier in the week.
— Oakland Athletics Authentics (@OAKauthentics) April 26, 2018
The rest of a busy MLB Friday:
Brewers at Cubs- 2:20EST First Pitch
Braves at Phillies- 7:05 EST First Pitch
Tigers at Orioles- &:05 EST First Pitch
Cardinals at Pirates- 7:05 EST First Pitch
Rangers at Blue Jays- 7:07 EST First Pitch
Rockies at Marlins- 7:10 EST First Pitch
Mariners at Indians- 7:10 EST First Pitch
Rays at Red Sox- 7:10 EST First Pitch
Reds at Twins- 8:10 EST First Pitch
White Sox at Royals- 8:15 EST First Pitch
Yankees at Angels- 10:07 EST First Pitch
Mets at Padres- 10:10 EST First Pitch
Dodgers at Giants- 10:15 EST First Pitch
- Ninjak Vs Valiant Universe Saved... For Six Months Anyway...
- Never Mind the Trailer, Sherlock Gnomes is a Much Better Film Than You Thought it Would Be
- [Spoiler Free] Avengers: Infinity War Review: 10 Years in the Making and Worth It
- Nerd Food: Pixar Candy Available at Pixar Fest in Disneyland
- Lionsgate Presentation Live Blog at CinemaCon
- S.J. Clarkson Is First Female 'Star Trek' Film Director In Franchise History
- [Tribeca 2018] 'Love, Gilda' Review: A Touching Tribute to a Prime-Time Talent
- Why the Movie Thanos is More Chilling Than the Comic Book Thanos [Minor Spoilers]
- [#CinemaCon] New Bohemian Rhapsody Images Show Live Aid and More
- Amazon Studios Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon
- [#CinemaCon] Dark Phoenix Gets a New Logo, Drops 'X-Men' from Title
- Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe: A Flawed but Fun Introduction to the Characters
- Funko Round-Up: Kingdom Hearts 3, Summoners War, Overwatch, and Aquaman! - October 16, 2018
- DC Collectibles Full Solicitations For January - October 16, 2018
- Halloween Tiki Mug Available Today From Mondo - October 16, 2018
- Avengers 1,000,000 BC Minimates Now Available at Walgreens - October 16, 2018
- Hear the track “Halloween Triumphant” From the John Carpenter Halloween Score! - October 15, 2018