In a new post on the Dauntless blog, Phoenix Labs have detailed the final massive update that is going to be making its way to the game before it heads into its Open Beta phase. This patch includes a new progression system, a new world map, new quests, a reputation system, and even more gameplay options. The update also includes the “evergame” of repeatable end-game content, which has been pretty lacking in Dauntless so far.
This new patch, called the Seeking the Horizon Update will hit the game on May 2nd. Some of the many updates coming to the game with this patch include:
- The Progression System: Dauntless’ new progression system is not merely an update to quest lines or crafting requirements, but a new platform on which Phoenix Labs will build the stories of the world, the relationships with the characters that inhabit it, and the content they’ll be adding for years to come.
- A New World Map: The new world map provides Slayers the ability to select hunts and see what’s available.
- Reputation System: More than any new weapon, armor, lantern, or potion, a Slayer’s reputation is critical to their success, and new Reputation System will give them the chance to win the favor of three characters for valuable quests and rewards
- Slayer Choice: There is now more choice when it comes to Slayers choosing their hunts. They will be able to choose between embarking on a “Patrol,” “Expedition” or “Pursuit.”
- An Evolving World: Islands will rotate in and out of the range of Ramsgate throughout the life of Dauntless — the islands Slayers explore and the activities that are available on them will change over time.
- Diversity of Quests: The diversity of quests that are available to Slayers is being widened with new side quests offering unique rewards (like lanterns).
- Gear Updates: Additional features and content for the gear, set perks, cells, and customization systems will increase the overall diversity of these systems.
As for the Evergame experience it will include new, fiendish Alpha Behemoths to challenge the toughest Slayers, unique hunt modifiers challenging Slayers to adapt their strategy, powerful rewards including Exotic weapons and gear, an enhanced Transmog system that can change the appearance of those weapons and gear and probably some other things they aren’t telling us just yet.
You can also check out the game’s latest screenshots below.
- Dauntless Is Getting a Halloween Event Called Dark Harvest
- Frostkeep Studios Announces Rend's Public Alpha Test Starts Today
- TotalBiscuit Announces Critic Retirement After an Update on His Health
- DICE Reveals More Battlefiled V War Stories’ Campaign Details - October 18, 2018
- Final Fantasy XI’s Kam’Lanaut has Joined the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Roster - October 18, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s Launch Trailer is Here Early - October 18, 2018
- Stellaris: Console Edition will Release in Early 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018