Reverie seems like the type of series that will either be huge or fade away quickly depending on how fans connect with the premise. Reverie is a place that allows people to go into a virtual reality in their minds — a perfect world where people have complete control. The problem is that the company who designed it didn’t see the potential flaw that once inside the world, people wouldn’t want to leave. The trailer for the new NBC series is below.
Sarah Shahi (Person of Interest) plays Mara Kint, a former hostage negotiator and expert on human behavior. She is brought in by her former boss Charles Ventana (Dennis Haysbert) to do a similar job, going into other people’s dream worlds and convince them to return to the real one. These people have slipped into comas and the only way to wake them up is to convince them to come back to their family and friends. The was created by Mikey Fisher (Extant) and also stars Sendhil Ramamurthy, Kathryn Morris and Jessica Lu.
This seems like a pretty strong premise for a movie. The idea of someone having to go into another person’s dream world and convince them to come out, but it’s hard to see it working on a weekly basis. I can see a handful of variations, but eventually it seems like they’ll be telling the same story over and over again.
Reverie premieres Wednesday, May 30th at 10 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Dynamite Unveils J. Scott Campbell Dejah Thoris Statue - May 21, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Can Lena Luthor Find a Cure for Reign? - May 21, 2018
- Lucifer to Air 2 Bonus Episodes, One with Guest Neil Gaiman - May 21, 2018
- Arrow’s Stephen Amell Teases a New Storytelling Technique for Season 7 - May 21, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Inside the Episode ‘The Fanatical’ - May 21, 2018