Halloween details have been hard to come by, but at CinemaCon this afternoon the plot and such came into focus a bit more. As part of a presentation to exhibitors and press, footage from the film was shown, and star Jamie Lee Curtis was on hand to discuss the film — and also issue an apology of sorts about Halloween: H2O:
Curtis: “This isn’t the piece of sh*t we made back in the 90s and I apologize for anyone who had to endure it!”
“This movie is hella scary – and you guys please tweet that I said hella.”@jamieleecurtis #CinemaCon #Halloween
— ErikDavis (@ErikDavis) April 25, 2018
“This isn’t the piece of sh*t we made back in the ’90s and I apologize for anyone who had to endure it!”
It looks like what’s happening is that this one takes place on Halloween night 40 years after the original films events take place. As we know already, all other sequels to the the original are being ignored for a fresh start. While it is being rumored that they are no longer brother and sister, that has not been confirmed. Michael has been institutionalized and Laurie has been preparing for his return for 40 years, turning herself into a Sarah Connor-type badass.
#Halloween trailer opens with a guy visiting Myers in a loony bin courtyard where he is chained down in place. He walks up behind Myers and holds up the mask; Myers starts shaking.
Jamie Lee Curtis: “This movie is going to scare the living shit out of ALL OF YOU!”#CinemaCon
— ErikDavis (@ErikDavis) April 25, 2018
So it sounds like all continuity is out the window then. Fans will have mixed reactions to this, but I am fine with it. John Carpenter himself has gone on record saying that he wishes they had not made that call, and I agree with him. It always felt forced, and then the rest of the series, as much as I love it, tried way too hard to keep everything in the family so to speak. I love all of the Halloween films so much (except for the second Zombie film — sorry, it is not good), and I am ready for a fresh start with Michael.
Hopefully this trailer gets released soon. If they had a finished trailer to show to the crowd then it shouldn’t be long at all.
Halloween hits theaters on October 19.
- Avengers: Infinity War Review – The Epic We All Wanted [Spoiler-Free]
- Thanos Collectors Will Want to Pick up the Hot Toys Cosbaby Figure
- CinemaCon2018- Tons of Collectibles From Solo, Incredibles, Infinity War, Coming To Theaters This Summer
- JJ Abrams Updates From Paramount's Panel at CinemaCon- Cloverfield and More
- Paramount Shows First Footage for Bumblebee During CinemaCon
- Let's Take A Look At The Incredibles Funko Pops!
- 'The Basis Of Sex' Star Felicity Jones Compares Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Rocky Balboa
- Universal Shows 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Opening Scene During #CinemaCon
- Jamie Lee Curtis Calls Virus a "Piece of Sh*t I Made in the '90s"
- Infinity War Collectors: See It at Cinemark and Get a Cool Cup and Popcorn Tin!
- Disney Lays out Movie Release Slate, Confirms Some Things at CinemaCon
- Dear White People Vol. 2 Trailer Finds Sam Back on the Air, Facing Online Stalker
- Bryce Dallas Howard and B.D. Wong Join Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic World Evolution
- Hulu's Bret Easton Ellis 'Less Than Zero' Series Looks at '80s Decadent Youth
- Universal Studios Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon
- The Walking Dead's Lauren Cohan Returns to the Hilltop for Season 9
- Fathom Events to Premiere Latest Fate Anime in U.S. Theaters for 2 Nights Only in June
- WB Shows Sizzle Reel Featuring Aquaman Footage at CinemaCon
- Is There a Post-Credits Scene at the End of Avengers: Infinity War? [Spoiler-Free]
- WWE and Mattel Tag Team for YouTube Show ‘Outside the Box’, and It’s Hilarious - August 16, 2018
- Hogwarts Castle LEGO Set Now Available to VIPs, Plus Behind-the-Scenes Video - August 16, 2018
- 2 New Star Wars Statues from Gentle Giant: Dengar and Han in Carbonite! - August 16, 2018
- Wolverine’s First Appearance Gets a Statue from Gentle Giant - August 16, 2018
- Marvel Studios 10th Anniversary Funko Pint Size Heroes Hit Stores This Fall - August 16, 2018