The theatrical premiere date for Avengers: Infinity War is fast approaching, and that means some still unanswered practical questions about the film are about to be answered. We’re talking simple things really, like how long will the 19th MCU film clock in at?
During this weekend’s Marvel press day(s) for Infinity War, our pals over at Collider got to sit down with Joe and Anthony Russo to talk shop, which in this case happens to be the biggest superhero team up film to date. One of the questions asked had to do with editing the final cut of the film, and how long it may be.
“It’s our longest rough cut,” Joe says.
First and foremost, this particular timestamp has yet to be confirmed by Disney and Marvel Studios, and was the source of some embarrassment back in March for the AMC movie theaters chain, who had published a run time of 2 hours and 36 minutes. They soon removed the post in question, but Fandango currently has the superhero flick listed as 2 hours and 29 minutes.
If you look up the run time on Google right now, you’ll get the result of 2 hours and 40 minutes, which would indeed put Infinity War as the longest Marvel Studios film thus far.
Joe Russo went on to say that the yet untitled Avengers: 4 film could “easily be a 3 hour film”, which would be longer than even Infinity War.
“We have a full year still, to work on it,” Anthony said.
“But I definitely think it’ll be longer than Avengers: 3,” Joe continued.
You can see the interview segment here:
- Some Avengers: Infinity War Cast Reveal What They Stole From Set
- Avengers: Infinity War Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely Talk Thanos and Death
- Robert Downey Jr.'s Moving Speech During Avengers: Infinity War Premiere
- The First Reactions for Avengers: Infinity War Are In
- Marvel Releases #ThanosDemandsYourSilence PSA Video For 'Avengers: Infinity War' Spoilers
- New Era 2018 NFL Draft Hats Available Now, Not the Greatest Ever
- Withholding 'Avengers 4' Title Backfired, Kevin Feige Says
- Darkseid Has Come To Rule Over The Mezco One:12 Collective Line
- Kevin Feige Confirms 'Eternals' Film is Being Actively Developed
- A Bunch of New Solo: A Star Wars Story Character Posters Just Dropped
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Americans’ Season 6 Episode 9 “Jennings, Elizabeth” - May 23, 2018
- Let’s Talk About Legion Season 2 Episode 8, “Chapter 16” - May 23, 2018
- THAT Westworld Season 2, Episode 5 Twist: Evan Rachel Wood “Could Not Stop Crying” - May 23, 2018
- George R. R. Martin’s ‘The Ice Dragon’ Getting WB Animated Feature - May 23, 2018
- Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds’s LGBTQ+ Youth HBO Documentary ‘Believer’ Gets First Trailer - May 23, 2018