If you’ve been hoping to see some better images of Octopath Traveler come out of Square Enix beyond the sort of muted color ones we got back when it was announced as a Switch exclusive, then Square Enix is about to make you very happy. Today the company released a new set of images for the game, which includes two primary pieces of artwork and a ton of screenshots from the game. Fair warning, all of the images have Japanese text, so unless you can read it you’ll just have to admire the pretty images. But just glancing over some of these shots will take you back a few decades in gaming.
While the sprites and sequences look like they’ve been torn straight from a PS1 RPG, the backgrounds and designs are amazingly unique pieces of work that will make any gamer smile. These are worlds that are meant to be lived in and not just paintings that people fight and walk against. It’s going to be an awfuly long wait to July 13th.
- Octopath Traveler is a "Finished Product" and Won't Receive DLC
- Square Enix Releases a Ton of New Images for Octopath Traveler
- Vampire: The Masquerade Creators Get a New Distribution Deal for 5E
- Square Enix Releases New Screenshots and Art for Octopath Traveler
- Octopath Traveler Finds Its Way To The Switch This Year
- Square Enix Wants To Dump A Ton Of Their Titles On The Nintendo Switch
- No, Final Fatasy XV Will Not Be Coming To Switch
- The World War Z Video Game Gets a New Trailer - December 12, 2018
- Nintendo Adds Three More NES Games to Nintendo Switch Online - December 12, 2018
- Epic Games Will Offer More Services to Further Crossplay Services - December 12, 2018
- The ZeniMax and Oculus Lawsuit is Finally Settled - December 12, 2018
- The Game Awards Boasts Doubled Viewership From Last Year - December 12, 2018