Rectify Gaming has sort of been the primary rallying voice behind the idea that Borderlands 3 is an Xbox exclusive and that Gearbox has already signed a deal with Microsoft over marketing rights. Turns out, that’s not the case at all. The company’s CEO Randy Pitchford hit up a few people on Twitter who were verbally kicking down their door to address the situation, in which he fully denies any involvement with Microsoft for an exclusive deal.
It was reported by multiple reputable sources that Microsoft will have exclusive marketing rights for Borderlands 3 last week. Any official retort or statement to debunk otherwise would be very helpful.
— Jay (@MorninAfterKill) April 18, 2018
Where are you getting that? Gearbox signed no such thing with Microsoft. How are these things becoming propagated as fact when there is zero basis in reality?
— Randy Pitchford (@DuvalMagic) April 18, 2018
You can’t blame the man for stepping up and calling out rumors for what they are, but the only reason they’ve persisted is that 2K Games hasn’t revealed anything about the game yet and probably won’t until we get to E3 this year. For now, we’ll take the company at its word, but keep a good eye on what happens over the next few weeks.
- 2K Games Announces NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Coming This Fall
- 2K Games Will Shut Down Evolve's Dedicated Servers This Fall
- Looking Over the Free Games for Twitch Prime Members in April
- The Atari VCS Console will Run Linux OS to Keep that Atari Homebrew Feel
- Check in on Regular Show 25 Years Later: BOOM! Studios June 2018 Solicits
- GDC: Wild Borderlands 3 Footage Appears
- Gearbox Head Says We Probably Shouldn't Expect Borderlands 3 On The Nintendo Switch
- Review: Razer’s Blackwidow Elite Gaming Keyboard - December 15, 2018
- Cygames Announces Granblue Fantasy Versus for PS4 in 2019 - December 15, 2018
- Review: Marseille’s mCable HDMI Cords for Cinema and Gaming - December 15, 2018
- Review: Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse - December 15, 2018
- Ghost Stories For The Ages: We Review Betrayal Legacy - December 15, 2018