Greetings Dieselfunkateers! The Tick season 2 begins! This is Tim Fielder of The Dieselfunk Dispatch signing in. I was out on my neighborhood block recently and noticed the standard parking signs announcing filming would be taking place. This wasn’t that odd as Law & Order has shot extensively in the area.
Lo and behold! The mystery was revealed. Amazon Prime’s The Tick is coming back and in production on season 2.
I was made aware that there were VFX tests taking place with a stunt actor… in costume! Very cool. Of course as I’m a journalist, I was duty bound to (where appropriate) document the events.
One of the very professional production personnel graciously gave me a quick update:
“So, this is day one [of] season 2 at Arthur’s apartment. Season 2 will be filming ’til mid to late July for another 10 episodes.”
Upon asking when season 2 might premiere, the crewman revealed:
“Probably the fall these will be finished, so probably early fall.”
This is obviously awesome. The Tick, an Amazon Prime series, is based on the comic book by legend Ben Edlund. Check out the series synopsis:
“In a world where superheroes have been real for decades, an accountant with no superpowers comes to realize his city is owned by a super villain. As he struggles to uncover this conspiracy, he falls in league with a strange blue superhero.”
- A Bunch of New Solo: A Star Wars Story Character Posters Just Dropped
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Monday, April 23
- Dieselfunk Dispatch Artistwatch: Jerome Walford of Forward Comix - April 25, 2018
- Dieselfunk Dispatch: Celebrating Cons of Inclusion with ECBACC Founder Yumy Odom - April 24, 2018
- Dieselfunk Dispatch: Cons of Color, Gender, and Inclusion - April 24, 2018
- Dieselfunk Dispatch: Why WICOMICON? With Nerds of Color’s Keith Chow - April 23, 2018
- Dieselfunk Dispatch: What is Matty’s Rocket? - April 23, 2018